A&A SYSTEM ADVANTAGES OVER THE COMPETITIONSuperior Belt Drive System
- Belt wrap is the key to eliminating belt slip and our proprietary bracket system offers more belt wrap than any other system on the market.
- The mounting bracket is CNC machined from 5/8” high quality 6061 aluminum plate and fly cut on both sides to assure absolute consistency in thickness. This is imperative for proper belt alignment.
- A&A Corvette brackets are constantly quality checked by assembling on their in house “mock up” engine and checking alignment with a laser aligner.
- The A&A Corvette intercooler design has evolved, through constant testing, into the most efficient intercooler system available for the late model Corvette.
- The intercoolers rely on superior “air management” of the charge air as well as the ambient cooling airflow. Both are equally important and are often overlooked by the competition. With the limited space available in a Corvette, positioning of the intercooler is critical.
- A large intercooler that is hidden behind the frame is not as efficient as a smaller intercooler that is exposed to full frontal airflow. The A&A air-to-air cooler is as large as any available but it’s placement is the key to superior charge cooling. The entire core is exposed to the cooling air stream.
- The top of the intercooler core is positioned right at the bottom of the frame, and is mounted forward so as not to allow air to flow over the top of the intercooler. Specially designed side panels and a larger bottom panel seal up against the front fascia. These features create a “Ram Air” effect through the intercooler. No other manufacturer has spent as much time and resources on air flow management as A&A.
- Intercooler positioning is equally important in how it affects engine cooling. Many supercharger systems are plagued by overheating issues due to intercooler placement. To avoid this, A&A Corvette placed their air-to-air cooler much further forward, allowing the fans to draw cooling air through the radiator and A/C condenser without being shrouded by the intercooler.
- The A&A system is one of the best looking systems around.
- Fit and finish is second to none. The brackets, ductwork, and the supercharger all feature a show-quality polished finish.
- The top shroud features a factory-like perfect fit, and stylish satin black powdercoated finish nicely compliments the appearance of the polished components.
- All visible couplers are high quality silicone and the “T Band” clamps are polished stainless steel.
- The entire system fits snugly under your stock hood.
- You’ll be proud to show off your engine compartment with your A&A Supercharger system installed.
- A&A Corvette utilize only the highest quality components in their systems
- Vortech supercharger head units are used exclusively (Read why A&A Corvette specifies Vortech)
- Highly efficient, hand welded, air-to-air intercoolers.
- Included large blowoff valve
- Aluminum charge ducting for lighter weight
- Silicone couplers & stainless steel clamps
- High capacity injectors
- High capacity LPE fuel pump or Boost A Pump
Includes injectors and fuel system upgrade.
The A&A Supercharger kit brings you dramatic increases in power while not degrading everyday drivability or highway gas mileage! The system utilizes a large blow off valve that remains open at cruise and light throttle. This, essentially, allows the supercharger to “freewheel” under normal conditions, reducing parasitic loss to less than that of an alternator.
A naturally aspirated engine would require higher compression, a very aggressive camshaft, high flow cylinder heads with heavy duty valvetrain, exhaust headers with free flowing exhaust, larger throttle body, high flow intake manifold, free flowing air filter housing and duct, etc. Most of these parts are NOT emissions legal. The price of these components alone is higher than a supercharger system. The labor to install these is also much higher. Then there are the inherent problems brought to the vehicle by such a build. A large camshaft all but ruins everyday drivability AND gas mileage. Driving in traffic becomes a very trying experience. A stick shift car will buck and surge and an automatic car will be hard to hold back because of the increased idle speed required. Low speed torque is reduced with an aggressive camshaft which will require lower differential gearing and a high speed stall torque converter (automatic cars) to make up for it. This further degrades drivability and gas mileage. With all the components required for a high performance naturally aspirated car, the degradation in drivability and gas mileage, the total inability of the vehicle to pass emissions tests and the added expenditure, the vehicle would STILL have up to 100HP less than a stock Corvette with a standard A&A Corvette system bolted on.
Average increase TO THE REAR WHEELS is approximately 175 RWHP! No other modification, in this price range, even comes close.