The MGW Short Throw Shifter is definitely state-of-the-art in modern technology. However, there is no denying the retro theme of the fifth generation Camaro. What better way to mate those two features than with this CNC machined stainless assembly available with your choice of cool looking classic shift balls!
MGW is pleased to introduce the only full replacement shifter assembly for the Generation 5 Camaro. Addressing not simply the long throw of the stock shifter, the MGW Shifter also corrects the mushy rubbery vague feel of the stock mounting design and also the insufficient spring return for the 2-3 power shifts. After extensive testing we have come to the conclusion that the best combination of shift effort, speed, and smoothness is achieved with a 33 percent throw reduction design. Key features that set this shifter design apart from the competition are:
- Full replacement assembly not simply a center shaft change out.
- 33 percent throw reduction ideal for road course and drag racing. (will not fatigue driver and fight gear engagement)
- Integral spring return to 3-4 gate to assist in fast 2-3 powershifts and smooth 5-4 downshifts
- High temp. rear polyurethane bushing mount to remove OEM shifter sloppy feel and deflection
- All components are CNC machined and type 3 hard coat anodized aluminum or 303 aircraft grade stainless steel
- Kit comes complete with custom upper dust boots and sound and thermal insulation pads to provide quiet cool operation of shifter
- Patented sound dampening center shaft to prevent rattling that often plagues aftermarket shifters
- Accepts stock shifter knob as well as MGW Race Knobs & MGW Gripper Knobs